Thursday, November 19, 2009

OBAMA DISSED: MORE ISRAELI HOUSES = TAKE ALL ‘SIX DAY WAR’ LAND

J. Grant Swank, Jr.


In the 1967 Six Day War, Israel gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Golan Heights.


Israel should never give up any of this turf. Israelis have bartered some of it away. It should remain today as it was on June 11.


My wife and I were in Israel in 1966, passing from Jordan into Israel. We went through the Mandelbaum Gate, prayed at the Wailing Wall, visited holy sites, including Gordon’s Calvary where we observed the communion sacrament with friends.


Since then it has pained me to think Israel would lose any of that land fought for. I believe it was a miracle that they won that war in six days.


Now Barack Hussein Obama wants less of Israel and more of Arab earth. Why not? Go figure.


Therefore, Obama is dissed at Israel officialdom not going the Obama Way. Best wishes to Israel on that score. May they stay their course.


Israel, no larger than New Jersey, is recorded in the Old Testament as the land “flowing with milk and honey.” God has smiled upon that navel of the planet while other geographies have more acreage. This is in keeping with God’s fondness of the small and insignificant.


How many times in biblical history did God call upon the little person, the out-of-the-way places, by which to open His will? Bethlehem, for instance, is biblically scored as not very important in mortal eyes. But there deity housed Himself in flesh.


David was a nobody; yet God chose him as Israel’s king.


Nazareth. Well, what good can come out of Nazareth?


Therefore, when I think of Israel, I pray for that part of the world specifically for I know King Christ will return to the Mount of Olives, establishing His millennial reign. It will be back to the little place that the Second Person of the Trinity will rule the planet. In the meantime, I ask God to keep Israel intact.


The other day I was shopping at the mall. I came upon a kiosk manned by two young Israeli’s selling their goods. I chatted with these fellows, finding them especially interesting.


I told them I had visited their country and to that their faces lit up. They were so pleased to be talking to an American who had walked their streets. With that, I invited them to our home. I expect them to visit us one of these evenings.


There is something quite dear about Israel to the soul of the Christian.


Therefore, when I see Israel threatened so rudely, I feel the hurt. The rest of the world turns on them. All through the years, America basically has stood by Israel. But now with a Muslim President, we cannot expect that.


Therefore, I intercede all the more for the Holy Land. I pray that Mount Moriah will remain intact, its holy places not destroyed by Islamic bulldozers, as they have been doing in recent times, focusing on Solomon’s original temple site.


May Jerusalem always remain Israel’s capital city. May it prepare itself for the advent of Christ’s holiness.


Read “Israel Defies Obama with New Settlement Construction” at http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/israel_obama_settlement/2009/11/17/287567.html