Monday, September 08, 2008

OBAMA: ‘MY MUSLIM FAITH.’ I WOULD NEVER SAY ‘MY BUDDHIST FAITH’

OBAMA: ‘MY MUSLIM FAITH.’ I WOULD NEVER SAY ‘MY BUDDHIST FAITH’


J. Grant Swank, Jr.


B. Hussein Obama in an ABC interview slipped up by saying “my Muslim faith.”


I am a Christian. If I were in an interview or otherwise, I would never even think of saying “my Buddhist faith” or “my New Age faith” or “my Episcopalian faith.”


I am none of these. I have never intended to be one of these. I never plan on being one of these. I have never thought of myself under these labels.


Therefore, I would never let slip out of my any such confession.


Yet B. Hussein did just that. He said “my Muslim faith.”


That is because Muslims consider Jesus a prophet, hence B. Hussein stating to media that he prays to Jesus every day. Maybe he does, praying to the Muslim prophet Jesus.


Biblical Christians believe Jesus to be the biblical God incarnate. Christ said that no one comes to the Father but by Him. Christ called Himself the Light of the World, the Way, Truth and the Life, the Door, and so forth.


Christ’s followers regarded Him as deity in flesh and bones. They were persecuted for believing that. They were adamant however in holding to that tenet for they had faith that the Messiah appeared in the Carpenter of Nazareth.


Biblical Christians never regard Jesus as merely a prophet or social example or humanitarian. Muslims consider Jesus as a prophet who will return with their Islamic messiah. The Islamic messiah will return to Earth in the midst of a holocaust, hence the Iranian thug president planning on blowing up the world in order to usher in the Islamic messiah.


On 9-11, there were those Muslims who exclaimed aloud, “I am Christian.” Reports are that they did so for safety’s sake. They were in fact Muslims. But they claimed to be “Christian.”


That was permissible for Jesus is regarded in the line of prophets; therefore, a Muslim can claim to be “Christian” while all the while giving full allegiance to Allah.


Interestingly enough, members of the United Church of Christ (Congregational) to which B. Hussein belongs can claim to be anything religious, even Muslim and Christian. The UCC is that theologically liberal that members can write their own creeds, their own ‘holy writ.’


Consequently, for B. Hussein to testify that he is “Christian” is in keeping with Islam and the UCC.


Further, Islamics are taught via the Koran to lie in order to advance Allah’s cause. Therefore, for B. Hussein even to lie about his religious label is permissible.


I repeat: I would never refer to myself as a Buddhist, New Age devotee, Anglican or Hindu because those tags never come to my mind when speaking about my relationship to God.


I am Christian. I say I am Christian. I would never let slip another religious allegiance for that would never cross my mind.


That “my Muslim faith” from B. Hussein is fact. He is Muslim.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 PM

    As a fellow Christian of the evangelical variety, I have difficulty with this post. As I reread the comments of Barack Obama, it is obvious he was defending John McCain by saying that McCain was not the one talking about Obama being Muslim, which is how he clarified his misspeak. What he said exactly was, "you're exactly right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith." What he seemed to mean (as he clarified) was that John McCain was not perpetrating something that was untrue - that Obama was of the Muslim faith. To read anything else into it just reveals a preconcieved opinion that has no basis in anything Obama has said about himself. If you accidentally said, "Revtom has never talked about my liberalism," that would be true and it would definitely not suggest that you are a closet liberal. Not sure how Obama's statement is any different.

    Also, as a follower of the 10 Commandments, I assert that bearing false witness against one's neighbor is one of the chief commandments forgotten by Christians in political discourse. You concluded this blog entry by stating that Obama is, in fact, Muslim. That conclusion seems to be simply based on a misspoken (or misunderstood) response that was quickly corrected and clarified. If there is better proof of his being Muslim, like attending a mosque or praying to Mecca, etc, then it is something one could say with certainty. Anything else is bearing false witness against one's neighbor.

    I would also contend that if Obama's daughter had become pregnant and decided to marry the father and have the child, the response by evangelicals would have been less kind than they have been to Palin's daughter. I hope that I am incorrect in that assessment.

    As Obama stated in a sermon he preached, we need to focus on the ways of Jesus that we find in his Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).

    ReplyDelete