Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Chapel Hill jihadist apologizes


The man accused of striking nine people when he drove a vehicle on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill last year has apologized in a letter sent to the court.
In the letter dated May 20 and sent to Orange County Superior Court, Mohammed Taheri-azar said he is "very sorry for the crimes which I committed in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on March 3, 2006. I sincerely regret what I did on that day. Please release me from state custody so that I may pursue my goal of living a productive life in California."

Taheri-Azar, 23, said he hopes to work for his father's general contracting company in Anaheim, Calif., and "re-establish myself as a good, caring and productive member of society."

In the letter, Taheri-Azar also apologizes for his actions March 5 of this year in the courtroom, when he said he hated all Americans and Jews and called his attorney a moron.

"I ... apologize for my distasteful conduct in your courtroom on March 5, 2007. I promise you that I will never again in my life display such poor, ignorant behavior," he wrote.

Afterward, Public Defender James Williams said his client "has a severe mental illness."

Taheri-azar pleaded not guilty in January to nine counts of attempted first-degree murder and nine counts of felonious assault. He struck nine people as he drove a rented SUV through the Pit, a campus gathering spot.

2 comments:

  1. "has a severe mental illness." ....ISLAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit the nail on the head John ! Aced it !!

    ReplyDelete